Please check your artwork carefully against the following specifications before submitting it for print
The deadline for submitting print-ready artwork for our “Normal” or “Stand-by” turnaround service is 3pm weekdays. The deadline for our “Xpress” or “SOS” turnaround service is 10am weekdays. Any artwork received after this time will be sent to print the following working day.
Your artwork needs to be supplied to us in print-ready format, making sure that you have covered all of the points below:
- Artwork to be supplied as one high resolution PDF file. Please note that jpegs are not considered print ready files.
- Artwork set to correct size
- Please ensure that there is a 3mm bleed on all edges (bleed requirements for Large Format/Presentation Folders is different – please ask us)
- Please ensure that all important information is at least 4mm from all trim edges/folds to avoid it being trimmed off during production (10mm for Large Format products and Booklets)
- Colour profile should be set to CMYK. Any images/text provided as RGB or Spot colour will be converted to CMYK, possibly resulting in a colour variation
- Fonts should be converted to outlines
- All black text should be set to 100% K to avoid mis-registration issues
- Ink levels should be set at 300% maximum for coated papers, 225% maximum for uncoated papers or large format products (special limits may apply for certain products – please ask us)
- Images should have a resolution of 300 dpi (min 150 dpi/max 450 dpi). For large format products 150 dpi at actual size is preferred.
- We do not recommend adding borders to your artwork as some movement during the guillotining process is inherent. If you include one, you should not expect the space between your border and the finished guillotined edge to be the same on each side.
- Design templates are available for most of our products – please ask for more details
Booklets: Please avoid having important images and text crossing pages as we cannot guarantee perfect alignment. If applicable, please supply the PDF files for the thick cover (a total of 4 pages) and the inner pages separately. Please make sure that one page of the PDF is equal to one page of the booklet, and that pages are provided in sequence (e.g. page 1 = front cover, page 16 = back cover – not set up as a printers spread). Please allow a 3mm bleed on all edges and a 10mm quiet zone (for up to 24 pages, above this please add 1mm to the quiet zone for every additional 12 pages). If your booklet is Perfect Bound, please supply the spine artwork as a separate PDF file (if no artwork is supplied, the spine will be printed as white).
For more information, please refer to our online help section here.
Failure to follow these guidelines could mean that your artwork is rejected or not printed correctly. Responsibility ultimately lies with the customer if any printing problems occur as a result of incorrectly supplied artwork.
If your artwork is not print-ready, then changes should be made by the person who originally designed your artwork for you. In many cases, we are able to make changes for you at an additional cost (please ask us for a quote), however we would require the original source files from your designer to do so (InDesign or Illustrator files). Occasionally, we are able to make changes to PDFs, but this is neither guaranteed nor recommended.
Please bear in mind that any changes made by us could take 2-5 business days to complete (depending on the amount of changes required and our current workload) and will therefore delay printing of your order.
Please note that we ship our print using third-party couriers (TNT, UPS, DHL). These are separate companies to us, and whilst we guarantee that we will print and dispatch items from our warehouse on time, we cannot guarantee the turnaround times for these couriers (i.e. once with the courier, there is a small possibility that delays may occur. Any delays, whether due to errors made by the courier or otherwise, are out of our control, and hence may affect the delivery date of your order). We also cannot specify an exact time for deliveries. If you are not home to receive your order on the day delivery is due, then delivery will be attempted the next working day. Where possible, it is always best to ship to a business address for this reason. Bearing in mind all of the above, if you have a specific date or event that you need your printing for, please make sure you place your order with enough time to allow for such eventualities. Whilst we will do our best to meet your deadline, we cannot control unexpected delays due to external events.